NOTICE OF INTENTION TO CIRCULATE RECALL PETITION
TO THE HONORABLE TRI TA: Pursuant to Section 11020, California Elections Code, the undersigned registered qualified voters of Westminster, in the State of California, hereby give notice that we are the proponents of a recall petition and that we intend to seek your recall and removal from the office of Mayor, in Westminster, California, and to demand election of a successor in that office.
The grounds for the proposed recall are as follows:
- Mayor Tri Ta operates as if he is above the law, overseeing a City Council repeatedly accused of corruption, nepotism and favoritism.
- Corruption and mismanagement by Mayor Tri Ta and two allies on the City Council has cost taxpayers millions of dollars in discrimination, retaliation and other lawsuit claims and litigation expenses.
- As Mayor, Ta has repeatedly operated like a dictator, misusing our city police to pressure local businesses and punish political enemies.
- Ta has refused to adopt a strong Code of Conduct for City Officials that denounces ethical violations like nepotism and abuse of public resources.
- Ta and his allies passed a new rule giving themselves complete power over City Council agendas, silencing opponents by barring other council members from adding items for discussion.
- Instead of spending the funds to fight homelessness, make housing more affordable or increase public safety, Mayor Tri Ta voted to spend over half a million dollars over the next three years on pay raises for his upper management employees, increasing one employee’s pay to $304,015 a year in salary and benefits.