NOTICE OF INTENTION TO CIRCULATE RECALL PETITION
TO THE HONORABLE KIMBERLY HO: Pursuant to Section 11020, California Elections Code, the undersigned registered qualified voters of Westminster, in the State of California, hereby give notice that we are the proponents of a recall petition and that we intend to seek your recall and removal from the office of City Council, in Westminster, California, and to demand election of a successor in that office.
The grounds for the proposed recall are as follows:
- Council member Kimberly Ho operates as if she is above the law as a member of a City Council repeatedly accused of corruption, nepotism and favoritism.
- Corruption and mismanagement by Council member Ho and two allies on the City Council has cost taxpayers millions of dollars in discrimination, retaliation and other lawsuit claims and litigation expenses.
- As a Council member, Ho has engaged in nepotism by joining another Councilmember in appointing each other’s children to City commissions and not disclosing this to the public.
- Ho has refused to adopt a strong Code of Conduct for City Officials that denounces ethical violations like nepotism and abuse of public resources.
- Ho and her allies passed a new rule giving themselves complete power over City Council agendas, silencing opponents by barring other council members from adding items for discussion.
- Instead of spending the funds to fight homelessness, make housing more affordableor increase public safety, Ho voted to spend over half a million dollars over the next three years on pay raises for her upper management employees, increasing one employee’s pay to $304,015 a year in salary and benefits.